Thursday 28 July 2011

Op Shopping Date Day!

I'm am so lucky that over the time the I have been dating my man he has gradually begun to enjoy op shopping. He started out years ago saying that he wont wear dead peoples clothes but now he loves hunting for cardigens, vests, sports coats and even shoes.
We both had the day off from our jobs on Monday so it was decided it would be an Op Shop Date Day.
With our wallets full of cash, we started the day early. First we headed to Posh Op Shop in Glen Huntly.

Then we went to the Brotherhood of St Laurence down the road. It was a great little op shop that even had a 50cent basket that had a great sports coat for my man! What a find! As well as a few other things I have  bought for future projects.

Into St Kilda we headed to visit a friends studio to have a quick meeting about A Melb Fringe show coming up. The it was off to the big Salvo's around the corner. I found a few things like a white Sportsgirl hat for $5 while my man managed to get these shoes for $9.99
By that stage it was also time for lunch. Delicious!

Then we decided to head to Brighton and have no idea where we went or what we bought where! I got a white linen blazer for $1 and a blue Witchery linen summer dress for $4 at one place. A scarf at another. Paisly ties from somewhere else. This vintage 70's white chiffon dress was found in Hampton.

                               
After running out of cash, with no ATM in site we decided to call it a day. Most Op Shops close at 5:00 and we needed to make to back home for dinner.
More photo's to come and maybe a sneak peak at some things I am working on.
Christine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment